Jungle Labs - Fungus Clear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MisticX

Aquarium Advice Freak
i've used this to attempt to treat 4 of my fish, i know this is supposed to kill all bacterias (including cycle ones)

SO...

i stopped the filter, and put in the water a little bit of fish food,

i have to re-do the treatment in 24 hours (pwc and then 3 more pills),
do you think the fish food will be enough to generate ammonia to maintain the bacteria colony alive in my filter ?

When I treated one time with an antibiotic, I removed the filter media (a small sponge) and put it in some tank water in a plastic ziploc bag. I put it in the refrigerator and added some fish food into the bag every day. At the end of the treatment (about a week) I tested the bag water for ammonia and the result was 0. Hopefully you can keep your good bacteria alive too by using fish food to generate some ammonia.

When I treated one time with an antibiotic, I removed the filter media (a small sponge) and put it in some tank water in a plastic ziploc bag. I put it in the refrigerator and added some fish food into the bag every day. At the end of the treatment (about a week) I tested the bag water for ammonia and the result was 0. Hopefully you can keep your good bacteria alive too by using fish food to generate some ammonia.

Sounds good. One question though, why put it in the refrigerator?

low temp slows the life cycle of the bacteria

i did put enough fish food in the sponges (that are still dripped in water in the HOB filter)
my problem is if that is enough ammonia generator ;(((

It should be - like you said, the lower temps of the frig slow down the bacteria's activity a bit, so it doesn't need as much ammonia as it would in tank temperature water. However, you could always add a drop or two of ammonia instead of fish food.

It should be - like you said, the lower temps of the frig slow down the bacteria's activity a bit, so it doesn't need as much ammonia as it would in tank temperature water. However, you could always add a drop or two of ammonia instead of fish food.

i tried searching for NH products, (pure without other ingredients) but i did not find any.
all bottles i was shaking were foaming.
all i have at my disposal right now is zoundz of fish food (pellets, flakes shrimp)

do you think the NH generated by food is enough ? because i have no problem adding into the filter ;PP

Yes, I think the food would be enough to generate some ammonia, because it worked for me. Try to judge the amount of food added as the amount that would sustain your current bioload.

Back
Top Bottom