Just a little depressing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partypalooza5

Aquarium Advice Addict
My local Petsmart recently started carrying SW fish and some inverts. At first I was excited (no LFS around here and I want to start a SW tank soon) So today we went to check the prices on the tanks and I went over to look at their fish. The water was clear when they first installed the new tanks but today it was hazy and the fish all looked stressed out. I looked at them and sure enough, virtually EVERY fish had ick!! We told the person working there and they said they were in the process of treating them. (so they say)

In the front of the store, they have a nice sized display tank with nice aquascaping and such. My mom pointed to a blue hippo tang and was wondering why it was rubbing against the rock. I looked at it and it also had ick!! so did just about all of the other fish in the tank. I felt bad for the little fish guy, he had it all over him!

Looks like I won't be buying SW stuff from Petsmart O__o.

yes i feel your pain... i strongly suggest to everyone to never buy a SW fish from a petsmart or a petco just about evry 1 in town that has SW fish ive seen at least 1 tank... try either ordering online or going to a store that specifys in fish... my LFS is about the reef and aquatouch..

It's just sad. I expected a large corporation to at least do it RIGHT. It turns out there is another store that sells SW fish near me, but they sell puppy's from puppy mills. :( Don't want to be supporting them..

Looks like it's online shopping for me!

Ummmm no offense, but you are blaming Petsmart for the fish having ich in the first place? One should assume, regardless of where you purchase from, that fish will have ich. Maybe they are indeed trying to resolve the problem and many lfs' go through this, especially on initial startups of a section.

Back
Top Bottom