Just A Quick Question On Some Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, sorry I been gone so long. Cancer was getting the best of me and now I'm doing better so I decided to get my 90 gallon back in full swing. This will be my 4th reef but I just want some advice cause sometimes I go over board. I want a good cleanup crew. I was thinking 10 Scarlet hermits since they are not snail killers like their cousins. Well at least not in my experience. Right now I have a VERY low bio load with just a mated pair of clowns, 2 chromis and 2 Bangaii Cardinals. So I'm thinking 10 Scarlet Crabs, 4 Trochus snails, 1 Fighting Conch and about 10 Nass Snails since I feed Rod's food, some of it drops to the bottom so I need some snails that will gobble it up. What you think or suggest.

If I were deciding hermits, it usually ends up being blue legs. Though that doesn't address trying to avoid a snail-pocalypse, all hermits are opportunistic buggers and will get a shell if they want it no matter the color. At the end of the day, you should easily be able to avoid using any hermit crabs in your clean up crew if you wanted.

Back
Top Bottom