Just bought a dwarf gourami and something is wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrickriley2010

Aquarium Advice Addict
I keep my water around 72 and I let the bag with him float for awhile 15-20 somewhere in there.

Then I let him join the rest of the population of my 20 gallon tank.

3 long fin zebra danios , 1 zebra danio, 1 comet platy and 2 ghost shrimp....

He swam for a few seconds and then just went down :/

He also has a white spot please say its not that ich or whatever !?

image-2924383932.jpg

White spot

image-1777223888.jpg

image-318645859.jpg

It may not be ich. It may be. But if you have another tank up put it in that. Let it quarantine for a week or so. If more white spots appear treat for ich.

It may not be ich. It may be. But if you have another tank up put it in that. Let it quarantine for a week or so. If more white spots appear treat for ich.

I think his wisker thing might just be regrowing its very thin at the end compared to the other side and I don't have another tank yet picking up a 25 gallon bow front for 15 tomorrow or will it have spread to the whole tank by then ?

If it is ich than i would say it might spread. I woke up one day and my oscar had a couple spots and i started treating for ich. By that night the oscar and jack dempsey were completely covered. But i would set up the other tank tom and quarantine it.

If it is ich than i would say it might spread. I woke up one day and my oscar had a couple spots and i started treating for ich. By that night the oscar and jack dempsey were completely covered. But i would set up the other tank tom and quarantine it.

I'm picking up a 25 gallon tomorrow for 15 as soon as I get it I will clean and rinse it and then fill with water then dechlorinator and put him in without a filter ... Only problem is my heater I have one but its one of the ones that doesn't have a auto stop so I have to sit and watch it

I think those dwarf gourmais are inbred heavily and have become a weaker species.
I have no facts to back it up but every time i have attempted to keep them they die within a few months, seeming to have a gill problem.

If your concerned about ick, just treat with the standard blue ick meds for a couple of weeks, theres no way it would spread and if the fish does have it, it will be gone within that time.

Actually, the best treatment for ich is high temps (86F) and some aquarium salt.

DG are fairly weak now due to poor breeding, I agree there.

Back
Top Bottom