Just got a molly but it is pregnant! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to AA!

I have to point out, as I don't think it's been covered, a 10 gal tank is much too small for any pleco or molly, and a red claw crab is a semi-terrestrial brackish water crab. This means it needs marine salt in the water and land access, or it won't live for long. If it can't get to air, it's desperate to get to it so it can dry out, and will probably do everything it can to espace the tank. I would recommend taking these fish and the crab back to the store and restocking with fish that can thrive in your tank. The last thing you want is the molly reproducing. Mollies and plecos both have large bio-loads, meaning they create a lot of waste that your filtration will not be able to keep up with. More fish = more waste = more toxins in the water poisoning your fish.

Are you testing the water for toxins like ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate?

Oh mollys the rabbits of the aquarium, I used to use an "aquarium nursery" for my molly mums but they had so many babies, continuously I just let them go and let nature take its course as LindaB posted. You will get some fry who live, but they have so many, unless you are interested in selling them, you will be overrun

Oh mollys the rabbits of the aquarium, I used to use an "aquarium nursery" for my molly mums but they had so many babies, continuously I just let them go and let nature take its course as LindaB posted. You will get some fry who live, but they have so many, unless you are interested in selling them, you will be overrun

I just have been telling people "Im going to have about 60 kids within the next month, do you want any?" lol

Back
Top Bottom