Just wanna say hi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crystalbettas

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i'm new on here, just started two days ago. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. My name is Lexi and I have a 40 gallon tropical freshwater community tank and four betta tanks. three are 10 gallons and one is 5 gallons. I also have a semi-aquatic Eastern Painted turtle in a 20 gallon long tank. My non-aquatic pets include my Veiled Chameleon, my Syrian hamster, and my Maltese/Yorkie mix. I love all of my animals with my whole heart, including my fish.

I'm super glad to join the forums and read about other people's experiences!

IMG_7197.JPG

Welcome to AA!
Your betts are beautiful.

Sent from my N9130 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oops, stupid spellchecker!

Sent from my N9130 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welcome! You're chameleon looks really cool! I've been thinking about putting a Betta in my empty ten gallon with a bunch of plants

Welcome! You're chameleon looks really cool! I've been thinking about putting a Betta in my empty ten gallon with a bunch of plants

thanks! his name is Mr. Sassy. veiled chameleons are supposedly the easiest to take care of but they're still super grumpy! chameleons in general can be real asses but i love them so much anyway. my bettas love the space. i used to keep them in 5 gallon tanks but ended up moving them for a bunch of different reasons and can't bring myself to move them back to the smaller spaces. they just seem so much happier. they love plants too, although mine mostly have silk ones so the snails don't eat them [emoji28]

Mr. Sassy.. Lol that's great. I have a milk snake that looks like a coral snake, he's pretty cool and a 40 gallon with bleeding hearts, danios , blue rams, 3 bn plecos and a couple of snails and a loach. It's a pretty neat tank but I have that 10 gallon that's just sitting in my basement, we can't have that now can we?? Lol

Mr. Sassy.. Lol that's great. I have a milk snake that looks like a coral snake, he's pretty cool and a 40 gallon with bleeding hearts, danios , blue rams, 3 bn plecos and a couple of snails and a loach. It's a pretty neat tank but I have that 10 gallon that's just sitting in my basement, we can't have that now can we?? Lol

oh i can't wait until i can get a snake. the person i live with is horrified of them so i have to wait until my fiancé and i get our own place. (he didn't believe that reptiles had personalities when we met, HA. he admits he was wrong, now he's in love with my chameleon, he has his own gecko, and he wants a snake more than anything). we're thinking a milk snake to start and then a ball python once we have some snake experience. i collect tanks from thrift stores and yard sales, you wouldn't believe the deals i get. people try fishkeeping and get bored or don't do enough research and then stick their tanks in the basement or garage until they eventually sell them in a yard sale for $5. i got my 20 gallon for my turtle for $7.50 at a thrift store. i have 7 tanks set up total, and two more in my basement. i say fill up as many as you can stand! no sense in letting a good tank go to waste!

Back
Top Bottom