Keeping Track of Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I was playing around with ideas on how to best keep track of feeding. I was thinking about getting one of those weekly pill box things and fill them up every Sunday... Then I can just pop open the container and feed right then and there. No fuss, no muss....

Mondays/Wednesdays/ Fridays, just flakes....

Tuesdays/Thursdays/Saturdays, a bit of flakes, a few algae waffers, and some shrimp pellets...

Sundays, Frozen Brine Shrimp. (obviously not kept in the box.. lol)

Anyone else use a method like this?

Only reason I ask... I now have five tanks, lol. (55 gallon, 46 Gallon, 10 Gallon, 5 Gallon, 2.5 Gallon)

As long as you keep feeding consistently at the same time everyday, then I don't think you can forget about feeding. Associate the day with the meal.

Its ok to skip a day of feeding for fasting. Use that to your advantage when you forget to feed them ;)

You make my fish seem like POWs lol. I feed my fish every few days. They are lucky if they get 4 meals a week.

You make my fish seem like POWs lol. I feed my fish every few days. They are lucky if they get 4 meals a week.
lol I forget to feed but their are plenty of people in my house. I actually thout of doing the pill thing too. But
i will be feeding frozen soon...

I do small meals every day. That way if I do forget to feed them a day, or if I have to leave for a few days, I dont feel all that bad.

Godfan- Im the only one in the house to feed... Otherwise fish tend to be fed twice a day, lol.

Im not so much worried about forgetting to feed them... I just use the same three containers (Omega One Tropical Flakes, Algae Wafers, and Shrimp pellets) to everyone... Itd just be easier to keep a little pill box right next to each individual tank, pop open a tab, dump, and go. Otherwise I have to carry all of the containers everywhere with me.

I dont have much space around of my tanks so I find myself setting the food on the floor alot when I feed... Big mistake. My cats try to get into it (particularly the shrimp pellets). Brats!

I feed every other day, and only once on that day. Lucky for me, my memory's not so gone that..... what was the question? :ermm:

I feed every other day, and only once on that day. Lucky for me, my memory's not so gone that..... what was the question? :ermm:

LOL.

Well to the OP, yeah, the pill box idea doesn't sound bad. If I had 5 tanks I would probably do something like that.

Back
Top Bottom