Kenya tree slumped over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gatorfreak

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My kenya tree has been slumped over for a day now. Everything else you see in my signature below looks perfectly normal. Is there something in particular that kenya trees are sensitive to?

No, haven't tested the water yet but I'm going to. I only have test kits for ammonia, pH, alk, and ca. Seems odd that just one thing would go downhill like this without anything else looking abnormal.

I had a carnation that was doing good and then suddenly died. Nothing else in my tank was effected and water tested out perfect. It was odd and a $30 loss.

i had a kenya do that for like a week it was dark and slumped all the rest of the kenya was fine then about after a week i popped up and is fine now have no clue what caused this

Crabs will pick at the kenya tree sometimes in my tank. when they do this the kenya tree closes up .

also several corals will slough causing them to look smaller , bend over and just look bad but after a few days they return to normal only to slough a few weeks later. I have several corals esp my leathers that do this. But do check your water as you suggested

I have a Kenya Tree Forest and that is what they do sometimes. Mostly when they are getting ready to drop a branch (new coral) other times when it seems to grow. I have had them close for over a week and then open up and all is fine.
With out joking I have had and sold or traded or given away at least 150 kenyas in 3 years. I have so many I moved most of them too my 55 fowlr and they are doing great under 80watt NO bulbs.. Great starter coral and does well under all lighting, VHO, PC, MH and NO if high enough.

Well it's back to normal now. Thanks to everyone again. Who knows, I might've tried something stupid to try to "save" it. Looks fine now.

Back
Top Bottom