Killifish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samzter

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was just wondering weather or not I can do 3 killifish 1m 2f in a 125 litre 30 gallon aquarium? They would be moved to either a 40 litre or 200 litre in the future. What do you think?

I'm thinking of these killis . On the tank I'll tell you what's going where in October November .

30:
3 guppies ( moving to 10)
5 platies (staying in 30)
2 german blue rams ( moving to 50)
4 otos (staying)
8 panda Cories ( staying or maybe moving to 50 havent decided yet.
Shrimp red cherry and amano ( moving to a ten)
5 dwarf Gouramis ( 1m moving to 50 )
Then the killis , they would be in the 30 till novmeber where there will be a spare tank available just for them!

So do you think they'll be alright? Or I can purchase a group of 20+ eggs and grow them out and sell them and keep a few in a 10 gallon? I think that's a better idea.

Are those a notho variety? In theory it can work, the potential issues i can see are 1. make sure the killis will be ok in your water. Some annual killis like it a bit cooler than your dg. That is probably workable though since most fish are pretty temperature flexible. 2. be cautious because some killis are rather aggressive feeders and can be nippy. Dg seem to move rather slow, so be watchful of their interaction.
A trio of those should be fine in a 30g though, just make sure to research the species a bit for it's specifics to see if it's compatible with your other fish.

Yes I've researched all of last night! If they're aggressive I will give them to a friend or use a spare ten gallon.

Back
Top Bottom