Kitchen sponge question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maltimomma

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so can anyone tell me if you can use those kitchen sponges that are like green stiff scrubbies on one side and regular sponge on the other side, to clean the inside of the glass on a fish tank? I keep buying what they sell in the lfs and none of them seem to do the job.

Ok, so can anyone tell me if you can use those kitchen sponges that are like green stiff scrubbies on one side and regular sponge on the other side, to clean the inside of the glass on a fish tank? I keep buying what they sell in the lfs and none of them seem to do the job.

That's a good question. I wouldn't think it would hurt anything after a good rinse, but Idk.

Be careful with those, some of them are infused with soap or other cleaners before you buy them.

I do use kitchen sponges with a scrubber side to clean the glass in my tanks. As suggested, just make sure theres no soap/chemicals added to them & you give them a good rinse before using. And make sure you keep them seperate from your other kitchen sponges! :)

I do use kitchen sponges with a scrubber side to clean the glass in my tanks. As suggested, just make sure theres no soap/chemicals added to them & you give them a good rinse before using. And make sure you keep them seperate from your other kitchen sponges! :)

Thanks. I'm glad others have used them. I will rinse them thoroughly and I keep all of my fish supplies separate from anything else. Its easier and safer.

Thanks everyone.

:thanks::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom