Koi platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquaplantfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
How Many Koi Platy can I keep in a 20g long ?,

I think it's called Koi Platy or Koi swordtail but with out the pointy tale type.

Eheim 2213
With live plants
20g long
T8

If that is all you are going to have in there I would say can go with up to 10 but no more. The will breed like mad. I wouldn't do the swords they need a longer tank.

If that is all you are going to have in there I would say can go with up to 10 but no more. The will breed like mad. I wouldn't do the swords they need a longer tank.

Ya im looking to just fill it up with it but I'll probably just do 5 and rest I'll let it breed, and I know you said it needs a longer tank but I don't know why? I thought it would do good in a 20g long that's why I got a canister filter and ya I'm gonna put few live plants also and do 40% WWC.

Thank you for your reply.

If you're gonna do sword tails I wouldn't do more than 2. That's a lot for a 20g.

If you're gonna do sword tails I wouldn't do more than 2. That's a lot for a 20g.

I'm looking to get the one with out a long tail it's the koi one. Still two would be a lot ? On 20 long? Is it caz they need room tow swim around or something caz they are the same size as red platy and I know I can do at least 5. I just don't know why more room in a long tank

Back
Top Bottom