Kondy anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stlrockguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got this a few weeks back. It was bleached but has been getting color back. But then it sucked all the tentacles in. Is this normal

image-4172609709.jpg

I had one but I never saw it do that. At night when the lights are off they do tend to retract into the foot maybe that's what it is. Was that pic taken at night time?

Anemone is a good indicator of water parameter. It will do that if you have a sudden change on your parameter like the salinity when topping off large volume in a short period.

I wouldn't worry to much unless it continues to stay like that. My condy used to get into all kinds of weird positions and in the end it was fine. Don't feed it as it will feed off of light, as long as your lighting is sufficient. If you are that worried check water conditions and make sure they are okay and if not start doing water changes to correct it. :)

I've had mine two years ,in that time it has done that a few times it has also deflated and stayed like that once for two weeks .. They do weird things these things move a lot so have plenty of room for them,also they grow extremely fast .. hears s pic of mine when I first got it and know .....

ForumRunner_20130807_063340.jpg

ForumRunner_20130807_063435.jpg

Yup agree with the moving thing. Mine moved quite frequently and it was always were I didn't want it to move near coral! I did eventually get tid of it my clowns never went near the thing anyway.

I want to get rid of mine but my wife loves it.. It will sting corals to I almost lost my candy cane over the Cindy stinging it ..

It was completely white besides the purple at the tips when I got it and its mouth was open for about the first week. But now the mouth stays close and it eats good also

Looks good. Just a FYI you don't need to feed them they get all they need from light. Feeding them can actually stress them out more. I never feed mine at all.

They don't need it. It actually takes the nem more energy to digest the food then it gets from it. Like I said never feed mine and it was heathy and huge.

I have to disagree with the no feeding them , this goes along with the myth of not feeding coral also , Research there natural feeding habits ,Why would they eat food if it stresses them ? Yes to much food would as with any living creatures .Yes they can survive off of the algae inside them but this alone compares to you surviveing on nothing but green beans....You want a good healthy anemone feed it once in a while period..

Not here to start an argument just shareing my past experiences with my nem. Like I said I had mine for over a year and never feed it. It did not die or show any signs of starvation. I think they will feed if given the opportunity and I believe the same goes for in the wild but it is not nessesary if there if proper lighting for it to perform photosynthesis. Sometimes if they are overfeed or the pieces are to big it can actually cause damage this is the only reason I brought it up. The op asked for help I shared the info I had. :)

Back
Top Bottom