Krylon Fusion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terrance

Aquarium Advice Addict
A while back ago, somebody recommended me to use Krylon Fusion to paint decor. I just emailed the company to very, but I got interesting news... Read below. This won't stop me from painting the exterior of my background though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
CASE # 88403-020812

TITLE:*SPRAY PAINTING GLASS AQUARIUM

2/8/2012 9:08:19 AM*[Agent Note]

Dear Terrance,

Thank you for contacting Krylon. We appreciate your inquiry.

Currently Krylon does not offer a paint or clear coating that is submersible. Consistent submersion will eventually break down and cause the paint film to fail prematurely. The longevity of our coatings would be very limited when used on submersible surfaces or substrates. You will want to look for a product that is designed for use in marine settings.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,
Feraas
Krylon Product Support

2/8/2012 8:32:57 AM*[Customer Note]

Which one of your spray paint is best for glass aquarium? I'm going to use black.

ENTER A RESPONSE FOR CASE # 88403-020812...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I painted a plastic tube with this and it did exactly what they say. Little pieces would peel off. Never lost a fish though.

I ended taking it out for one of my moms tanks she needed it for her ghost knife, never repainted it though.

I think it'll be fine for what you want it for.

I have used this paint for several years w/o any problems but you need to let it dry for a full week and then you will be good, used it for reefs, fowlr, freshwater w/o any problems.

I've used it on several under water applications with no peeling, flaking, etc. I've had some stuff (aquaclear intake) under water for over a year without problems. I painted the PVC return line on my 40b with it. As said, just let it cure for a good long time.

Back
Top Bottom