Kuhli Loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JaredMiklosovic

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm getting some kuhli loaches for my 35 gallon, but I don't know how many I want. What would be a good number?

Is this tank only gonna be stocked with Kuhli Loaches? If so, I would go with around 8, but not less then 6. These are peaceful and social fish. Also, you wanna keep some "round" gravel, meaning not sharp or any sharp pieces, to prevent themselves getting injured or damaged.

The more you have, the safer they will feel, so they should be active and visible. Try too add more hiding spots, which will make them feel more secure. Although they should be active enough.

I have 4 in a 30g (plan on getting more!) nd they are always out and about playing when they arnt sleeping =)

Definitely the more the better. They are a very social fish but hide when there are not enough of them. I have a 60 gallon with 18 kuhlis, and they are very happy and come out all the time. Many online sources say at least 6, but I think at least 10. You will be happy with more, trust me...they will also be a lot happier.

Yah i actually have around 8 i think in my 36 gallon tank, and they are hiding alot, but when they aren't they are normally just chillin out on the sand, not really swimming around, but they are great looking fish.

Back
Top Bottom