Kuhli loaches, snails and shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscarchic11

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have a 20g tank with sand substrate, and it will be lightly planted. i was wondering if the snails (malaysian trumpets and 3 ramshorns) will be ok with the kuhlis. i know some loaches love to eat snails and just wanted to make sure my red ramshorns wont get eaten... also in this tank will be RCS and some gups, and upside down cats later on... any input about stocking appreciated..... ps, i may be getting a 55g setup, but will have @ least a 29 by march or before.
thanks again Ochic...

oscarchic11 said:
i have a 20g tank with sand substrate, and it will be lightly planted. i was wondering if the snails (malaysian trumpets and 3 ramshorns) will be ok with the kuhlis. i know some loaches love to eat snails and just wanted to make sure my red ramshorns wont get eaten... also in this tank will be RCS and some gups, and upside down cats later on... any input about stocking appreciated..... ps, i may be getting a 55g setup, but will have @ least a 29 by march or before.
thanks again Ochic...

My kuhlis are with ghost shrimp and mts. Everyone gets along as far as I can tell. If they snack on a snail here or there,havent seen it personally, I'm ok with that. Natural population control.

great! thanks for the input! im trying to get my snail #'s up in that tank so i can put them in other tanks... otherwise i wouldnt care... that and i have 2 ramshorns rapidly approuching 1/2 an inch across!

oscarchic11 said:
thanks again Ochic...

Kuhlis loaches are such interesting fish they have so much personality!!

i know! i stood and watched the kuhli tank @ my lfs for like 10 min, practically drooling over the level of cute! i want some so bad!

oscarchic11 said:
i know! i stood and watched the kuhli tank @ my lfs for like 10 min, practically drooling over the level of cute! i want some so bad!

Lol Ikr!!! I might get some when I get a new 20 gallon:3

Your loaches won't bother your snails. Yo-yo loaches are the ones that'll take on your snails. I have 5 kuhli loaches. They are super cool and having them gives me my 'eel fix' since I can't have one in my community tank :)

Attachments

• image-1636561730.jpg
    image-1636561730.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 298
AWWW!!! i want some soo bad! i want 3 blacks and 3 striped... im getting a 55 hopefully soon and im gonna have angels, kuhli's, upside down cats, and 1 other fish, but havent decided what yet... maybe just a couple whiptail cats or cool plecs...

Here's another picture of one of my kuhli loaches!

Attachments

• image-2027625037.jpg
    image-2027625037.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 133
feelin the khuli love hehe. They are awsome i have 4 striped aswell in with shrimp and snails there my little water smakes ;)

Back
Top Bottom