Leaffish&eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Could I keep

1African spotted leaf fish
With
X2-3 Dension barbs
&
1-2 peacock eels?

In a 55G you could, peacock eels get big.

But I'm pretty sure if you wait long enough someone will say yes so just wait for that.

CharlieKlein said:
My point exactly. This is a 20 gallon

Denison Barbs need a 50g tank I believe (i may be wrong) Plus the leaf fish would more than likely try to eat it depending on their size. They can consume fish up to their own size. Their mouths are like funnels which suck food in. A peacock eel can live in a 20g long tank happily.

I'm not sure about that, my peacock eel was pretty active and used all of the length my 55 had, I wouldn't suggest anything much smaller, maybe a 40b. And in a 20 I definitely wouldn't suggest 2 much less 2 with anything else. And I would say no to Denison barbs in a 20 also, they're adult size is 5 inches and the adults I've seen aren't exactly a skinny 5" either, they're also very active and like groups. I think you need a bigger tank or try to find fish that you can meet the needs of

Loading... said:
Ok so is

Leafish
X3 Priscilla Tetras
Peacock eelX1
Good?

Not in a 20g, I wouldn't suggest it anyway. Having a 6 inch aggressive fish, a 8 inch super peaceful eel, and 3 small peaceful fish just sounds like a bad idea. It would be extremely cramped and the tetras would probably end up being food and I would foresee some serious issues with the leaf and eel because of the space.

Ok and do African leaffish get aggressive as they grow mine is about 2months old and housed with barbs a little smaller than him and they scare him0_o

Back
Top Bottom