Leaving a filter off accidentally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragon14

Aquarium Advice Addict
I unplug the filter sometimes until the food settles when feeding the Pygmy catfish since it tends to suck up their food. I plug it back in within ten minutes usually.

I just found it unplugged still from last night though, which was about 12 hrs. I promptly plugged it back in.

Is that bad?? :(

Oops, could be. What are your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's not cycled. It's due for a water change today. However, I added QuickStart an stresszyme last water change. Gonna check ammonia and nitrite before changing the water.

It's a 5g tank and we did a 4g change Friday.

So your doing a fish in cycle, go and ask your local fish store for a bag of bacteria and put that in your filter a.s.a.p. most will oblige for free.......

No we aren't. We just change the water enough. It's a temporary tank :) until they go in our cycled 10g.

Yeah :)

I wouldn't dare do a fish in cycle unless in some emergency situation but. Yeah.

Personally for us we feel more comfortable doing fish less. I know when done right it's ok to do fish in but we are not comfortable doing it.

Back
Top Bottom