LED help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You'd have to open it up and take a look. It could be something as simple as a loose connection or a short. Which model do you have?

Have no idea but here is a pic of the fixture

Attachments

• image-216400550.jpg
    image-216400550.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 58
  • image-81130384.jpg
    image-81130384.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 65
Yeah there is toggle switch that let's me switch from day/off/moon. I'm breaking it down to take a pic of the guts

You've got the Reef Bright model. Follow the KISS principle and check that you have power coming out of the switch to the white LED circuit.

Based on how the fixture functions, I'm guessing that the power switch is a three-position switch where you've got white light if it's toggled one way, blue light if it's toggled the opposite, and off in the intermediate position. If that's true, there should be two power connections coming off the switch. Check for AC voltage on the white LED side of the switch.

I'd still take it back if it's under warranty, especially after seeing that price tag.

You will want to trace the wires on the led side and check for voltage it could be something as simple as the toggle switch went bad on that side or it could be a involved project

In most cases you don't have to register the warranty. The companies use the registration cards to try to gain market research information.

Back
Top Bottom