LED lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magmizzle

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 46 gallon bowfront aquarium. I currently have 2 clowns, 1 coral beauty, chromis, mandarin goby, fairy wrasse, & blue sided wrasse. I also have around 65 lbs LR along with snails and hermits.
I have soft corals including frog spawn, daisy, sun polyp, Kenya tree, & green star.

My question is my lighting is MarineLand Reef LED 24-36...Is this adequate lighting for corals?

I also would like to add a gold clam. Can someone please help me with this.

I have a 46 gallon bowfront aquarium. I currently have 2 clowns, 1 coral beauty, chromis, mandarin goby, fairy wrasse, & blue sided wrasse. I also have around 65 lbs LR along with snails and hermits.
I have soft corals including frog spawn, daisy, sun polyp, Kenya tree, & green star.

My question is my lighting is MarineLand Reef LED 24-36...Is this adequate lighting for corals?

I also would like to add a gold clam. Can someone please help me with this.
I think a clam would be ok directly below the light.

Do you only have of strip of the LED?

I have my LED running with a 6 bulb T5 fixture

That LED system has I think 39 one watt lights (if you are talking bout the reef ready one.)

I am about to start another thread on this, because I've been looking at LED systems for the last two weeks. Someone on another board pointed this one out.

It's from Grow Hydro (I just can't figure out what they grow... : )

120 Watt LED System
50:50 Ratio (20K White / 453nm Blue)
TWO Power Cords (One white one blue, allows for timer)
LED brand Semi/Bridgelux

• 2" depth - 1537 Par
  • PAR reading 12" depth - 423 Par
  • 24" depth - 182 Par
The total price on this is only $239 and $20 in shipping. I have seen the Marineland fixture for as low as $160 (retails @ $249 I think). This system seems to have the Marineland fixture beat hands down, especially for par values. The two cords and price are icing on the cake.

I would post a link to it, but it didn't work when I tried before. So look on EBay for:

120 Watt Aquarium Coral Reef Tank LED Grow Light 120W

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom