Led lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ochana25

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys does anyone use led for there cichlids tanks and if so any reviews on them

Hey guys does anyone use led for there cichlids tanks and if so any reviews on them

Hello!

I am sure LEDs would work just fine for Cichlid tanks. With the fact that most Cichlid tanks exclude plants, you could get away with a lot more in terms of requirements of the LED.

Which ones are you looking at?

Haven't looked into it yet just like the look basically

Haven't looked into it yet just like the look basically

Ok!

Like I said, any viewing LED would work for what you need it to do (unless you're trying to support plants).

I have Finnex FugeRay fixtures for my freshwater tanks personally and I love them.

Check out current satellite plus. They're highly customizable at a great cost..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What's the best place to look at these online?

Amazon and dr. Foster and smith

Sweet thank you appreciate ur help what's current satellite plus?

Sweet thank you appreciate ur help what's current satellite plus?

It's an led system that uses rgb's or reds, greens, and blues along with whites. This allows you to customize the color spectrum of your tank which would be perfect for cichlids and their varying coloration. It comes with a remote which is cool, this remote allows you to program custom color settings and also set off thunder/lightning storm simulations (i dont).

Does led have any aid in water quality or algae

To much light and excess nutrients can certainly cause algae, that's why u recommended the current, it's dimmable and not overly powerful to begin with so it's should keep algae at bay..

How are the finnex fugeray I like them cause I CAN MOUNT THEM on my canopy like quality wise

New types of fixtures are coming out in the next few months. If I remember correctly, Current will have something new in November and I think Finnex will be in a few months, which I think has more adjustment options, again if I remember correctly. I talked to about 6 different vendors and they blended together a little bit.

So you maybe able to score a deal on the old one as they come out with the new one, or if you can wait, some new features.

Back
Top Bottom