LED Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theotheragentm

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm not even sure what's available for a non planted tank right now, but i was just looking at the Current USA Satellite+. Are all these customizable features something that I would even use or would I just make a lightning storm once, and then just never use it again? Would I be better of with day/night options only? Any have recommendations for a fixture?

Finnex 24 7

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Non planted tank you say? If your dead set your not growing plants take a look a the new finnex vivid. But as Brookster said the 24/7 is great. There a new SE model.

Non planted tank you say? If your dead set your not growing plants take a look a the new finnex vivid. But as Brookster said the 24/7 is great. There a new SE model.

Finnex's site says the Vivid+ supports plants? I do want my fish colors to look brilliant, but I don't need an algae bloom. Is Finnex just doing some over-extension on their marketing?

I think its more for color enhancing. Watch you tube video.

I have two of the 48" Current USA Satellite + for freshwater. Bought them about four years ago. Let's see... both (transformer) plugs have gone out. They were replaced under warranty. I've replaced the remotes at least twice so I think I'm on my fifth remote (cheap third world product). They also watch very closely if you don't have an aquarium cover separating the light from the water. If any bubbles pop on the surface and get on the light and shows, they will likely declare that you have water damage and void your warranty. So make sure you clean the light good before you take a picture of it (they will ask for one).

Recently I made a mistake of cutting my sensor wire (wanted to shorten it). I found that it had three fiber optic wires in it. I contacted Current twice asking them if it can be reconnected and they're ignoring my question. Currently looking for another brand. Not worth all the failures.

Finnex 24/7 se

I've been looking at this light.
I've read a few comments that the new arms are tricky if the tank has a rim. I don't have a canopy on my tank (by design) and also wonder if you can see the light above the tank? I don't like the light blinding you (when looking at tank) and leaking light into the room. thanks for the suggestion! (y)

I've been looking at this light.

I've read a few comments that the new arms are tricky if the tank has a rim. I don't have a canopy on my tank (by design) and also wonder if you can see the light above the tank? I don't like the light blinding you (when looking at tank) and leaking light into the room. thanks for the suggestion! (y)

If you have a glass canopy, then the light can be blinding when viewed from above. I cut a piece of heavy black blotter board (about 5" x width of tank) and lean it up against the fixture. It cuts down on the "light bleed".

Back
Top Bottom