Led tape advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IceMan18

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looking for recommendations on led tape. I want to add light to my little 3.5 gallon aquarium. Have anyone used led tape as a light source? I may have a low light plant in the tank. IMG_3295.jpg

When you say led tape you mean the roll of LEDs with a sticky back? If so I tried it a year or 2 ago using the smd 5050 strips and they were good for low light plants but most of my higher demand plants lived but they had very small leaves and didn't look all that healthy. They now have more powerful led strips like the smd 5630 and 7020 which are a good bit more powerful. I would recommend trying those if you continue this route. Here is a nice comparison video with par amounts.

When you say led tape you mean the roll of LEDs with a sticky back? If so I tried it a year or 2 ago using the smd 5050 strips and they were good for low light plants but most of my higher demand plants lived but they had very small leaves and didn't look all that healthy. They now have more powerful led strips like the smd 5630 and 7020 which are a good bit more powerful. I would recommend trying those if you continue this route. Here is a nice comparison video with par amounts.

Thank you so much! That video helps a lot!
When I looked for it I was mostly going by lumens per feet ratio. I found some strips that are as much as 1000 lm/ft. All I really need is 8 inches of it.

Back
Top Bottom