"Lemon Cichlid" Neolamprologus Leleupi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankBoss

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just ordered 3 of these referred to as "lemon cichlids". Would the name "lemon cichlid" describe only yellow Neolamprologus Leleupi or both the yellow and orange?

I here ya brother. I have 4 and they are really cool. They get along with everyone.

Michael

mattrox said:
FYI ;) The lemon you have posted is Labidochromis caeruleus. Lemon because the typical black stripe is missing. It is a Malawi

Leleupi is a Tanganyikan
www.Duboisi.com - Lake Tanganyikan Cichlid Forum

But also called lemon cichlid.

I just found out earlier that the lemons I ordered were Malawis. I'm not sure what to expect because my research on the web for lemon Malawis keeps bringing me to yellow Labs and this guy expects $17 a piece for them. When I asked "why so much?" He told me because of the difficulty in breeding them. Further research shows that yellow labs are fairly easy to breed... so we'll see what this guy is talking about, lol. I didn't pay yet so no worries.

No Malawis are particularly hard to breed give clean water and food! LOL

Unless they are the big predators. Then the males sometimes get rough in the aquarium.

Some of them are slow growers, but the Yellow Labs (Lemon or regular) are not difficult to breed or slow to grow.

Ordered from the lfs so I'll know when they call. Is there any reason a yellow lab would be worth $17 at 1.5 inches?

Neo Leleupi
I'm stoked on them. At first dude said they were
Malawis. I have Orange N Leleupi and I think they are very cool. They aren't here yet but that's what they are.

Back
Top Bottom