Leopard Bush Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brunettebaby4571

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I saw a picture of these guys recently and needless to say I fell in love! I was wanting to get one or 2 down the road when I get a bigger tank but was just wondering if anyone had any or had more info on them than I have found on google. Like first hand experience. Any help on what you have fed them or what size tank they need and compatible fish that can live with them and just anything else you can tell me about them!! Thank you so much!!

Minimum tank size is 50 gallons for a Ctenopoma acutirostre. I kept one in a 180 with a pair of Green Severums, Banded Leporinus, 6 Clown Loaches, pair of Tin Foil Barbs and a Australian Arowana. IME it was fairly mild mannered for being labeled an aggressive fish. If I remember correctly it ate pellets, shrimp, feeders and beef heart. But it's been 10 or so years ago. It's a fish most people won't notice. Unless they take the time to look into the tank for more than a moment, as it will hang in the back trying to look like a leaf. I really enjoyed keeping it until I went to the salty side. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Thank you!! I have been wanting to get a 75 or 90 gallon tank so when I do I definitely want to get some of these! I dont know what it is but I fell in love with them immediately!! Do you think they could live with angels?

Back
Top Bottom