Leopard ctenopoma breeding....??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockyofhockey

Aquarium Advice Addict
What's up fellow hobbyists,

I have a leopard ctenopoma (African bush fish) and I noticed there was a bubble nest right by my filter..... And I mean tons of bubbles stacked on top of each other, so it got me wondering about the future of my guy.... Any help will be appreciated

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Males have spines on the operculum females don't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Like spines on the dorsal fin?? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428432901.920986.jpg so my guy would be a male right?

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

The spines are on the gill cover, but I'm not exactly sure where, the only option I can think of to be sure, would probably be kind of painful on your part.

The spines are on the gill cover, but I'm not exactly sure where, the only option I can think of to be sure, would probably be kind of painful on your part.

I'm confused a bit haha

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

I was meaning that if they weren't big enough to see then, you may have to feel for them with your finger.

Ohhh I got YA know lol thanks guys I'll check right now!!!

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Did you see them? My largest does have the spines, although he is still only just over 3" so there are only a couple.

Did you see them? My largest does have the spines, although he is still only just over 3" so there are only a couple.

Not really.... But I'm almost positive it's a male he's just so freaking aggressive

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

What kind of growth did you see from him? One of mine is growing quick, two are so so and one is slow.

Nice, I bought my 4 in December at 1". They are now 3.25", 2.5", 2.25" and 1.75".

Back
Top Bottom