Let your imagination run wild: What would you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wademan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So..... if you were given a 75 gallon tank with pressurized CO2, 3.2 wpg, and all of the rest of the goodies but HAD to have a freshwater planted tank with fish..... WHAT WOULD YOU DO, AND WHY? Let your imagination run wild and paint a picture for all to imagine with you....

The reason I am asking is I am very indecisive at the moment with what I want to do with my tank project, all I know is i have always wanted a big planted tank.... and the rest of the details change hourly! :eek:)

Discus, Dwarf Cichlids, Cardinal Tetra, Cory Cats, ...

Vals, Swords, Fanwort, Stargrass, ...

I'd suggest browsing the AGA Aquascaping Contest for ideas on plants and layout.

For fish I'd go with lots of small fish like some small Rasboras (Boraras Brigittae, Boraras Merah, etc.), small Rainbows (Neon Blue Dwarf, Threadfin, Gertrudae, etc.), dwarf Cories (Corydoras Pygmaeus, Corydoras Habrosus, and Corydoras Hastatus), and a bunch of shrimp (Cherry Red Shrimp, Amanos, etc). I might even get some Applesnails (Brigs).

5 BN pleco, 3 male 2 female. 20 Glowlight tetras mixed 50/50 regular/albino. 5 Skunk Botia loaches, 6 otos and whatever bright color small fish I could fit.

elatines triandra, Christmas moss, Marble redicans, Crypt lucens in as large a mass as I could find in the back left corner. Huge mother plant of Anubias barterii nana dead center. Ludwigia repens, Rotala rotundifolia, Hemianthus micranthemoides, Alternanthera reineckii, Lobelia cardinalis, Limnophila aromatica, Hemianthus micranthemoides, that's good for starters.

Oh and 5 caves large enough for the BN, 1 powerhead for circulation, 2 ,50 gallon rated HOB or 1 cansiter filter.

Back
Top Bottom