Lethargic guppy help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellebogen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey, guys. I'm not sure if anythjng is wrong with my guppy, but I just want to make sure.

I have a 10g tank with three other very happy and healthy guppies that I got a few weeks ago. I cycled my tank beforehand and my water parameters are: ammo 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10ish. Temp is at about 70 degrees and pH is roughly 7.5. In short: my water parameters are normal.

This guppy has almost always been lethargic. It doesn't eat nearly as much as the rest, and while the other guppies are swimming and playing, he just seems to sleep. It's gotten a lot more noticeable in the past week, though. Is he just tired, or is he sick? Help!

Hey, guys. I'm not sure if anythjng is wrong with my guppy, but I just want to make sure.

I have a 10g tank with three other very happy and healthy guppies that I got a few weeks ago. I cycled my tank beforehand and my water parameters are: ammo 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10ish. Temp is at about 70 degrees and pH is roughly 7.5. In short: my water parameters are normal.

This guppy has almost always been lethargic. It doesn't eat nearly as much as the rest, and while the other guppies are swimming and playing, he just seems to sleep. It's gotten a lot more noticeable in the past week, though. Is he just tired, or is he sick? Help!

Guppies should be very active, it is not normal to sleep so much. If it's a male, all he should want to do is chase females. He could be sick.

One thing I would try is increase your water temp. Try increase the temp by one degree a day for 5 days and see if he is more active at 75 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom