LFS had a flower anemone... does anyone have one of these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raker333

Aquarium Advice Activist
LFS has a flower anemone. ($9) it is a good 3" across
Which from what I have read is full grown for tank specimen.

Does anyone have one of these?
Not looking at getting it but when I am ready to go the anemone route you cant beat $9 (Unless they are tank killers hehe)

Any info would be great
Like diet and such. Most online info says carnivore and meaty bits. but what will they take?

Thanks in advance

i have one and i think its ok only been about 2 weeks but no problems. the guy in the store said they were fine with a reef tank , i think i might have to get rid of my condy anenome(fish killer)

I have 2. I bought the first one about 9 months ago and it's doing great. When I got it it was brownish-red like a mushroom and about 2-2.5 inches across. It' now about 4" and has taken on a beautiful greenish blue color. It really looks nice under moonlight. It has hosted an anemone shrimp and a white porcelain crab. Now my ocellaris clown hosts on him and sleeps on him at night. I recently purchased a second one. This one is whitish with brown spots in the center and has bright green tentacles. Neither has ever moved after placing it's foot, unlike my condy. They like to attach to a rock where it meets the sand. IME, if you place them on the sand near the base of a rock they pretty much attach right there, making placement easy. I feed them small pieces of krill and mysis a couple times a week. It's really neat to watch them grab the food and fold over to put it in their open mouths.

Back
Top Bottom