Light for plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have the hood on my 29 gallon tank, and I am having live plants including dwarf hair grass, I currently have an led light, what would be a good light that would fit in the hood, I want it to be good enough for the dwarf hair grass, also, it needs to be from petsmart
Thank you:)

This is like the hardest thing ever to figure out. Try posting in the planted tank section. They helped me out a ton!

IMO petsmart has a poor selection, you may want to order something online instead.

What kind of hood? I'd go with a dual t5 fixture or even a t5 HO fixture. I know Petsmart has a few cheap options, but you'll probably have to go with a glass top instead of your hood depending on what it looks like.

Do you have the Marineland LED kit?

Petsmart's selection is sub par at best. How large is your tank? I would highly suggest something along the lines of:

T5-HO Freshwater Linkable Light Fixture - 2 x 54 W - 48"

Whatever the appropriate size of your aquarium is. I seem to be having problems with very high light requirement plants using that light on my 55g though, I think it's just too deep to get the par rating it needs at the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom