Light guard to block tank lights from view?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd be concerned with the cross contamination.. Doubt my plants would benefit much from hemorrhoid cream..than again.. Could be the missing link!!

OS's plants are fabulous. I'll just leave it at that.

Question: My light baffle is painted silver. Would white be a better reflective color?

Working with all the jokers and BS'er I did for years has warped my mind. You can't take life too serious. None of us are going to make it out alive! OS.
PS. Brooks, your little sword plant is growing like crazy. It's almost out of diapers already.

Working with all the jokers and BS'er I did for years has warped my mind. You can't take life too serious. None of us are going to make it out alive! OS. PS. Brooks, your little sword plant is growing like crazy. It's almost out of diapers already.
awesome!! What's the name again? Sorry op!

I would go to a car store and buy LIMO black. The strongest possible in the smallest quantity. I installed it on my frontroom window for TV Watching. Easy install. Easy removal. Customizable to any size.

Fresh20 put me onto some root tabs I really like. They're made by Aquafertz and can be ordered from the online site I am attaching a link to. You get 75 tabs for $11. I got a bottle each of the Total, Iron, and Traces. I also got their nifty tab applicator tube device that makes inserting the tabs easy and dry. The Total ones should be plenty good for all applications. OS.
http://www.aquariumplants.com/AquaFertz_com_SUBSTRATE_VITALIZATION_SYSTEM_p/fert.htmhttp://

Thanks for the recommendation Old Scales - I've ordered TOTAL for my stem plants! And I of course didn't forget the Preparation H applicator ;)

I've also ordered a piece of black matte acrylic from TAP Plastics and some screw mounts for my light - I'll post pictures once I have it attached

You're very welcome MonkeyM. Let me know what you think about the applicator. After getting it I thought was such a DIY-able thing but then the thin tubing isn't easily found. OS.

All fixed, used plastic from Tap Plastics and bought leg clips from ThatFishPlace. Worked and looks perfect!

Before:
img_2920585_0_05f8a0be8ba32c4004b8dfa5ef5b50da.png

After:
img_2920585_1_7ad0ccdc93541113edeccc00bac7c338.jpg

Closeup:
img_2920585_2_9e19ec7793bee640ef2dd9b60385c6c0.jpg

Looks great!!! I'm confused on where you put the leg clamps. I saved the pages to home screen b/c I think when my light come I might have similar problem.

Looks great!!! I'm confused on where you put the leg clamps. I saved the pages to home screen b/c I think when my light come I might have similar problem.

Thanks. The plastic legs I bought from ThatFishPlace come with the 4 plastic legs, 4 metal fixtures to screw the legs into the light, and 4 screws. I just used 3 screws and 3 of the metal fixtures to hold the plastic to the light. Here is a link to what the metal fixtures look like: (zoom in to see it better)

Item 13-14b: | Aquatic Life

9000548.jpg

I got it now. Originally your light did touch the hood. Now it's elevated. I ordered one on legs so I could maybe just use Velcro on black plastic. I don't have power tools. (Kids sold all hubby's "toys"). Thank you for explaining!!!

Back
Top Bottom