Light??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_fi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently bought a juwel monolux 80 tank second hand, I knew it didn't come with a light but thought it would be a simple fix of just putting a new light in the holder (dumb I know) but anyway I got the tank home and turned the lid over only to find that someone had cut/pulled the light off and somehow ripped the plastic off with it :ermm: so my question is how do I now put a light in there? I've seen lights that stick with suctions to any part in your tank that's got glass but i'm worried that if I buy one of them I will only be able to see a certain section of the tank lit up. I've attached a picture of the lid, would there be any way of attaching a light to the top of the lid or would the lid burn with the heat of the light.
Any advice or ideas would be great
20140907_153729.jpg

You could buy a retrofit lighting kit and install it inside the hood.

I take it that tank is a non-standard size and can't just buy some inexpensive glass tops for it?

Why not just get new pieces of glass cut to go in the whole and silicone them back in?

You could buy a retrofit lighting kit and install it inside the hood.

I take it that tank is a non-standard size and can't just buy some inexpensive glass tops for it?

I've not looked into glass tops as I imagined it would cost quite a bit to buy but I'll have a look into it thanks! :)

Why not just get new pieces of glass cut to go in the whole and silicone them back in?

Do you mean getting a few pieces of glass and sticking them where the holes are? sorry being a thicko here! :oops:
If so I don't know what the lid is supposed to look like but I just know it's ripped as the plastic has all jagged edges and looks broken.

Back
Top Bottom