Lighting a 20L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jconner3

Aquarium Advice Freak
If I'm going for a low-medium light planted tank, would a two bulb T8 fixture suffice? Or should I do a single t5? I'm trying to stay away from too much light since I already have two high tech planted tanks and don't want to invest in c02 for a third.

The T8 should give you low to medium light. I used one when I first started my planted tank. It is a 29 gallon high and I grew java fern, bacopia, ludwigia and some moss. The higher light plants didn't grow but the low to medium ones did fine. On a 20 long, depending on how high you hang the light. you should have a least enough light for low to medium plants. The one bulb T5HO would give you high light unless you hang it pretty high.

From everything I'v read it falls right in between the two. If its not enough par. Which I dont think will happen but in that case. Get a second one and double up. I cant wait to get mine. Think its going to perfect for me tank .

From everything I'v read it falls right in between the two. If its not enough par. Which I dont think will happen but in that case. Get a second one and double up. I cant wait to get mine. Think its going to perfect for me tank .
Just got mine ordered and it will be here Friday. I'm super excited

Back
Top Bottom