Lighting advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coxy1988

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all I'm looking at lighting set ups etc obviously the way to go at the moment is the LED route but some of these units are way out of my price range at the moment! I am currently using 2x T5s, what I want is your opinions on lighting that really enhances fishes colour....any recommendations appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Current USA Satellite+

I think Brookster on here was selling his, actually. For pretty cheap too, may want to check him out and see if he still has either of them. I think they were the 36" with extendable arms.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

What size tank is this? What's your budget?

Very Important..

Current USA Satellite+

I think Brookster on here was selling his, actually. For pretty cheap too, may want to check him out and see if he still has either of them. I think they were the 36" with extendable arms.

Thanks for the plug man, it's sold and the shipping would have been twice the cost of the light haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh I didn't even look where he was. Congrats on the sell.

Well, I stand by my choice. The current USA satellite+ are great. You can customize the colors so much to where no matter what color your fish is you can make them pop.

Oh I didn't even look where he was. Congrats on the sell.

Well, I stand by my choice. The current USA satellite+ are great. You can customize the colors so much to where no matter what color your fish is you can make them pop.

They are great, if you have quite a bit of money to spend and don't care about a high par value.

Beamworks from aquatrader.com gets good reviews on plantedtank.net. The prices are great too. I have one of their T5 lights and have had no problems with it. You can also build your own if you know simple home wiring. There are a lot of diy videos and posts that show how.

Beamworks from aquatrader.com gets good reviews on plantedtank.net. The prices are great too. I have one of their T5 lights and have had no problems with it. You can also build your own if you know simple home wiring. There are a lot of diy videos and posts that show how.

yeah, rapidled.com sells cree led single diodes and panels and wiring kits. way more cost effective and you can get an awesome fixture for half the price of a mass produced product. Basic soldering skills are required but isn't hard to learn. For fish only current satellite plus and for a planted tank finnex planted plus for a cheaper option or a BuildMyLed for the best option on the market right now IMO.

I went with a diy rapid led fixture for a 10g and honestly, I could have got a perfectly sufficient light for less with finnex. Its a good light and was a lot of fun to make aside from burning myself... but if I had to do it again I'd go with a finnex.

Finnex is really the best Avenue in cost effective, plant growing leds.. but yah.. bml if you've got the dough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think what I'm best doing is holding back until I can afford a good LED set up yes the initial outlay seems a lot but you soon make that back on energy efficiency and reliability and not to forgot the light quality from LED's are much better

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom