Lighting for my Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garfy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I want to put some java fern and Anubis in my 143 US gallon African cichlid tank.I intend to tie or glue the plants to my rocks and logs.
What lighting would be suitable for these plants to survive?

I've heard some good reports about the hardier rhizome plants doing pretty well, but I've heard some bad ones also. As far as lighting goes, just go with something full spectrum and let it rock, java ferns and anubias really don't require a whole lot of light.

jetajockey said:
I've heard some good reports about the hardier rhizome plants doing pretty well, but I've heard some bad ones also. As far as lighting goes, just go with something full spectrum and let it rock, java ferns and anubias really don't require a whole lot of light.

Guess I'm just going to have to see what happens but I know what you mean Africans do try to eat anything they can especially my male auratus he thinks the thermometer is edible so he will be the test.

Ive kept anubias in my Mbuna tank....They started getting brown...From the lighs not from the fish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom