Lighting for new 75 reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squidward

Aquarium Advice Freak
Currently i have a 75 fowler soon im looking in to getting soft coral like mushrooms and polyps what kind of lighting do you guys suggest for this ? I have been doing reasearch on it and i came across st that stated. 3.5Watts per gallons of take and above 6700k

For the very basics of light get a 2-bulb T5HO fixture for the length of your tank, 4ft I'm assuming?

Here you go: T5-ho 4ft / 2LAMP Aquarium lighting

If you're wanting a wider variety of corals or keeping those softies and polyps lower in the tank I suggest going for the 4-bulb fixture, if you're planning on getting into a reef then I advise you get the 4-bulb

The corals will end up around half way up , i was also thinking i might need the 4 bulb because i need around 320 W for a 75 ! Thank you for the info

The WPG isn't really a good rule to go by since each type of lighting is different, but IMO the 4-bulb is definitely worth your money

Yea def ! I was just looking on craigslist and found some one giving away a trinity t5ho but its in ct so its a long drive but worth it

For the record FOWLR implies you have no corals. Maybe i'm just sleepy but I saw mention of corals and got a bit confused.

For corals, I agree that the four bulb would be a good option for the tank.

Back
Top Bottom