lighting issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medge00

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm working on the lighting for my 20 gallon long planted. Here are the options:

1. Coral life Aqualight. 30" fixture, but 24" bulb. (lmw80 has it). There's no fan, but I think that's ok at just 65 watts. 6700k. Cheap option. Been warned that its not a superior product.

2. Currents Satellite with one 65w PC bulb, "dual daylight" available which is 6700/10000k. Not sure about the 10000k. Decent price

3. JBJ Fromosa, 6500k, 65 watts. Fan. Very expensive. Very. But its also supposed to be a great fixture.

I'm thinking I may get the coralife (option 1). I just don't know. Any thoughts?

I just bought a 48" 2x65W Coralife FRESHWATER Aqualight, 6,700K. It seems pretty decent to me. It does not have fans but it I ran it for an hour and it did not get all that hot. My tank is not set up yet so I have no clue what it will be like in use. If you buy a coralife double light fixture they DO have fans.

Check out:

http://www.esuweb.com/cardfile.asp?ItemNumber=53113&IDProductRelationship=254

i use JBJ Fromosa and it rocks very cool light. is kinda nosie for the 3 small fans are in it.but its nice get the feet for the fixture and its very cool. i like mine alot.
try aquariumplant.com he will match any price you find cheaper any where else. and it comes with the feet if i'm correct. most othe rplaces charge for the legs for it. check it out..

:)

Back
Top Bottom