Lighting Recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am looking to upgrade my lighting fixture. I would like a power compact unit with legs since I don't have a glass top. My tank is a 72 bowfront, so I will need 48 inch power compact. Any recommendations on brands or set ups. I have live rock, mushrooms, polyps, xenia, and fish. I want to add an anemone in time.
Thanks.

A 4 X 65W fixture would be great for your tank. I belive the coralife fixtures come with legs or you can get them with legs to rase them above the tank a few inches.

Most PC fixtures will come with a lens. The coralife has the lens, lunar lights, daylight bulbs & actintics. Each type of light has its own switch for fine tuning by you.

I just got my coralife lights. and the lids that my tank came with are too small for the lighting.. but I don't want to put those lights right on top of the water.. any suggestions?

Wood is your friend :)

I am sure you could fab something up. Might even be able to match your stand. Or build a canopy so you don't see the fixture at all.

You probably don't want a glass top. The more air exchange the better. removing the canopy from my system stopped my pH from bouncing up and down. now its at 8.2 all the time.
I think most other people in here would agree.

I am not disagreeing, but I have glass tops on one of my tanks and have never had a problem with PH.

Maybe just lucky.

Back
Top Bottom