Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Willba200

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys, as I've been suffering from cyno, I was wondering what is the minimal amount of lighting needed for corals. Currently I'm doing about 5hrs of main lights then 3 hours of blues. Any thoughts?

Hi there
Nine times out of 10 cyno is usually to do with Poor circulation and a buildup of nutrients rather than to do with lighting first of all I would check you haven't got any dead spots in your tank and cut down on your feeding and just keeps siphoning off the cyno should clear within a couple of weeks

Ok thanks. Another question. I have rearranged my rock work to the back of the tank. There are gaps in between so flow can flow through. What I'm saying is, is it ok for rocks to be at back so I have more room at the front?

Ok thanks. Another question. I have rearranged my rock work to the back of the tank. There are gaps in between so flow can flow through. What I'm saying is, is it ok for rocks to be at back so I have more room at the front?

It helps to have some flow around the back of the rocks if possible to stop debris from building up but in some tanks it's not possible

Back
Top Bottom