Lights on tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Use the towel as a emergency heat saving method and not as a permanent solution. Please forgo the strabucks for a week or cut back on something similar then go out and get a good quality submersible aquarium heater. You should expect to spend $15 - $40 for a aquarium heater. Also remeber when locating an aquarium never place it where it is drafty or the tempature in the room has major fluctuations.

What you can also use is bubble wrap insulation
Keep that on the back & sides of your tank & will help in keep a constant temp. with the heat in.

FreshwaterFishJunkie said:
Use the towel as a emergency heat saving method and not as a permanent solution. Please forgo the strabucks for a week or cut back on something similar then go out and get a good quality submersible aquarium heater. You should expect to spend $15 - $40 for a aquarium heater. Also remeber when locating an aquarium never place it where it is drafty or the tempature in the room has major fluctuations.

I don't appreciate the assumption I spend all my money on Starbucks merchandise or that I spend on something as else 1- It isn't humorous to me, 2- It's absolutely none of your buisness and 3- You can't tell anyone how to spend their money as they worked for it and earned it.

I have bought heaters, if you would read this thread.

I'm using the towel, thanks for the input.

Meanwhile, to last night's posters, it worked. Kept my temp at 78°!

QuietPlotter said:
Meanwhile, to last night's posters, it worked. Kept my temp at 78°!

Very cool... er, warm. ;) Glad that helped. You will need a heater though, it's just going to get colder here shortly.

Make sure, when you get a new heater, that it says "fully submersible" on it. If you have a canister filter you can even get an inline heater.

I don't appreciate the assumption I spend all my money on Starbucks merchandise or that I spend on something as else 1- It isn't humorous to me, 2- It's absolutely none of your buisness and 3- You can't tell anyone how to spend their money as they worked for it and earned it.

I have bought heaters, if you would read this thread.

I'm using the towel, thanks for the input.
My bad, I was jusy trying to help :facepalm: I was not making any assumptions I was just trying to let you know the gravity of the situation. If the temp keeps fluctuating you could stress out the fish and they could end up in the big aquarium in the sky. But anyways my apologies
Also what do you have to circulate the water? The water next to the heater may be the correct temp and water in other spots may be cooler.

It's ok.

I understand... I don't trust heaters. My tanknalways fluxes 2° but it's normal in the wild...

Back
Top Bottom