little bit more grow in and re-decor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thebluyak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Mods, move this if needed but since its plants figured it was in the right section.

I recieved a nice package from peyton with some beauty plants in it, I will be recieving 6 more varaties tomorrow or friday when they come and Ill update as I replant and add the newly won plants!

Enjoy

piranha006ts5.jpg

piranha012be7.jpg

piranha018kn3.jpg

piranha023eh4.jpg

my.php

Usually we put threads with lots of photos in the show off forum to "warn" Dial Up users. Never the less, nice pics.

actually this doesnt belong in show off since u will be updating it. it belongs on the aquascaping thread so u can give updates with new plants and arrangements. i like it though. it will look really good once things start to fill in and thivken up. what plants will u be recieving tomorrow?

The plants im getting in the mail are: ALTERNANTHERA REINECKII ,LUDWIGIA INCLINATA VAR CUBA,RED LUDWIGIA,PEARL GRASS,LUDWIGIA INCLINATA,BACOPA AUSTRALIS. Im not sure if they will get here tomorrow or friday. Im adding some more light to my tank, changing out the small strip light to CF tomorrow or friday also when I go to my house to pick up the plants.

nice selection u are getting. that tank is going to have alot of colour.if u are adding more light have u thought about fertalizers and co2? what are the specs of your tank? lighting, co2, ferts, substarte, nitrate/phosphate/potassium readings.... all that kind of stuff. its alwasy good to know those things. i hope a mod moves this to the aquascaping thread. u will gets lots of great suggestions and advice once more people check it out.

lets see, ill start in order of your questions, I dose 1/2tsp of CSM+b every other day, I dose potassium Nitrate as needed to keep my nitrate levels above 20ppms (the reds dont come out till nitrates become limited) I use DIY c02 and last time I checked was getting about 30ppms of co2, ill need to do another ph comparision. Lighting- i have 2 40w flourescents and a 20w flourescent but the 20w is being replaced with two highest watt CF bulbs i can find when the plants arrive. Im going to pick up some flourish excel to help out. I use flourite susbtrate and honestly dont have a phosphate or postassium kit, I just know something is out of line when algea starts to show its head. So far ive been doing good on the algea, ill have minimul spot algea that I just wipe off and I have a slight growth of BBA which I was recommended to use the excel on.

Alright jsut tested PH. Out of faucet PH is 7.0 and drops to a PH of 6.4 with a KH of 3 Im not sure what ppms of co2 that is, the calc was saying like 23. Nitrates are 20ppms as I jsut dosed potassium nitrate. I wish I had ordered the potassium sulfate from greg but I didnt and dont want to pay another shipping charge.

Im really kind of diving into this head first as this is the first planted tank ive ever had but its a trail and error basis from here on out! Ive got a good handle on everything, ive read a ton about all the planted threads since ive joined. So feel free to give me any tips I think that might help.
I jsut checked online and CF bulbs im looking at are 27 watts, so all together that will give me a rating of 3.7 wpg not counting restrike and loss of light.

piranha024sq3.jpg

piranha026yf2.jpg

piranha027vx6.jpg

piranha028ch3.jpg

piranha029oq3.jpg

piranha030zz7.jpg

piranha031po4.jpg

piranha032ew4.jpg

piranha033qz7.jpg

piranha034og5.jpg

piranha035vc1.jpg

Alright there is the after, the before is at the top of the post. Since I got an overwhelming amount of plants off aquabid, I had to pull out about 6or7 stalks of babomba that was about 19 inches tall. These are free along with 2 java ferns, I think they are java ferns I dont remember but I have no room for them. Anyone wants them first come first serve as it will only be one shipment. Once all these other plants grow in (hopefully I wont kill them!) Then ill be giving out packages asap.

:lol: Looks like that sunset hygro is already grown six inches at least! Looking good Ryan.

LOL yeah that thing is shooting up there. Im jsut hoping ive got enough light to support some of the new varaties.

I also doubled up on my co2 and I am runnig 2 2liter bottles directly into the filter intake.

u should have more than enought light and now that u are running more co2 everything should grow very nicely. u got some very healthy looking plants there. what buyer did u get them off of? i cant wait to see your post in the barter section for trimms :) i will be right there asking for them lol.u may want to get a phosphate test kit and order the potassium. with that much light ahnd co2 the plants should use it up fast.

I hope I have enough light. I got them off the seller named Aquadise he is based in Texas. I need to pick up a phosphate test kit. I got the phosphourus and potassium liquid ferts from seachem so im still experimenting on dosing so Im hoping I dont knock everything out of line. But hopefully I will have a ton of clippings as my sunset hygro is already starting to make itself at home that I recieved from peyton last week.

Thanks J, only thing I am worried about right now is I messed up my dosing on Macros. I dosed some more micros today, 1 teaspoon of CSM+B, added another DIY co2 bottle so im hoping to be pushing out about 40ppms of co2 to hopefully knock out the small amount of beard algea that im getting on my substrate.

Back
Top Bottom