Little bit of help please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazygrammy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I have started to do water changes every week now. Started this 3 weeks ago now my fish seem really active. My husband thinks I'm not feeding them enough. I feed them in the morning about a Teaspoon of Omega One Flakes. Then in the afternoon the same before bed I give them bloodworms (frozen) I give them enough that some falls to the bottom for the dwarf
Frogs. Every time anyone walks by the fish swim to the top very fast. Can even hear splashing. Am I not feeding them enough??? Or the right stuff??

crazygrammy said:
Hi I have started to do water changes every week now. Started this 3 weeks ago now my fish seem really active. My husband thinks I'm not feeding them enough. I feed them in the morning about a Teaspoon of Omega One Flakes. Then in the afternoon the same before bed I give them bloodworms (frozen) I give them enough that some falls to the bottom for the dwarf
Frogs. Every time anyone walks by the fish swim to the top very fast. Can even hear splashing. Am I not feeding them enough??? Or the right stuff??

Na your good I was thinking reading that your feeding to much. Fish like to beg for food and they think when you or someone go up your going to feed them. I have 30 some african Cichlids in a tank that's built into the wall. If you open the door going into the back room they all swim to center and look up. I think its funny

Andrew McFadden said:
Na your good I was thinking reading that your feeding to much. Fish like to beg for food and they think when you or someone go up your going to feed them. I have 30 some african Cichlids in a tank that's built into the wall. If you open the door going into the back room they all swim to center and look up. I think its funny

THANK YOU!!! Do you think I should take out the noon feeding. I started that after everyone said they looked hungry. I cant believe how active they are now that I'm changing the water once a week.

crazygrammy said:
THANK YOU!!! Do you think I should take out the noon feeding. I started that after everyone said they looked hungry. I cant believe how active they are now that I'm changing the water once a week.

I would if it was me just makes for more water changes imo

crazygrammy said:
I'll do that then!!

If your going to feed that much you may want to cut way back on each feeding. A tablespoon is a lot of food for some little fish. I teach my kids all they need is a berry small little pinch of food between your fingers. They try to dump the whole thing in most of the time. By the way they are only 3 and 4

Last edited:
Ok I thought about it and can't think of a thing to change. It looks so natural already. My son (12 years old) said it looks so natural that you should get a pic of something you really like. That is natural and try to get your tank as close as possible. Figured I'd post his idea because I came up with nada

Andrew McFadden said:
If your going to feed that much you may want to cut way back on each feeding. A tablespoon is a lot of food for some little fish. I teach my kids all they need is a berry small little pinch of food between your fingers. They try to dump the whole thing in most of the time. By the way they are only 3 and 4

Lol I meant teaspoon I have four youngest is 12 and he only likes to feed the frogs
Oops sent the last reply to the wrong thread :(

crazygrammy said:
Ok I thought about it and can't think of a thing to change. It looks so natural already. My son (12 years old) said it looks so natural that you should get a pic of something you really like. That is natural and try to get your tank as close as possible. Figured I'd post his idea because I came up with nada

Well this is what I did in a short story. I found two pictures one for the left side and one for the right and built those out of 3D backgrounds then I just keep changing the rocks in front of them. But I think this is the best one yet so if I or think I'm going to tweak what I have now. Not sure though :)

Pretty smart kid you've got there ;) always looking for ideas

crazygrammy said:
Lol I meant teaspoon I have four youngest is 12 and he only likes to feed the frogs
Oops sent the last reply to the wrong thread :(

It's ok I understood lol and you did say teaspoon my bad bit its still a lot imo

Well this is what I did in a short story. I found two pictures one for the left side and one for the right and built those out of 3D backgrounds then I just keep changing the rocks in front of them. But I think this is the best one yet so if I or think I'm going to tweak what I have now. Not sure though :)

Pretty smart kid you've got there ;) always looking for ideas

He said Thanks and he will keep thinking too lol

Back
Top Bottom