little bubbles! why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishhooked

Aquarium Advice Activist
Iv had my 180 going g for about a week or so now. Got a powerhead in it, two hang on back filters and my 21in bubble curtain, which my air pump isn't really powerful enough for it. But i just noticed tonight I have an abundance of very little bubbles in there. Why are they there and what can I do? Thanks

Are there any bubbles getting sucked into the intake of your filter? The impeller tends to chop them up into microbubbles that don't go away very quickly. Also, with HOB filters I find that when my water level is low the filter's flow dropping into the water will create the microbubbles as well.

No there not really close to my filters and my level is deff not low. Well i don't think there to close. I might have a pic that u can tell

ForumRunner_20130614_021724.jpg

*shrug* try turning off your bubbles for a day and see if it clears up. It really doesn't look like your water level is the cause of it. One other thing it could possibly be is a cracked intake tube for your filter. Once those get cracked it's like trying to drink through a cracked straw :)

You know what maybe the filter is it. I'm waiting on my canister filter and right now have one emperor 400 and a wal mart one that I kinda just threw together. Not all pieces go to that.. I will look into that. Thanks

You know what maybe the filter is it. I'm waiting on my canister filter and right now have one emperor 400 and a wal mart one that I kinda just threw together. Not all pieces go to that.. I will look into that. Thanks

It might be the emperor. I have an emperor 280 that has an adjustable spray bar...in certain positions the jets churn up the return water more than others creating tiny bubbles.

Back
Top Bottom