live rock and it's guests

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeGiNeR_7

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The first pictures posted are of what I think is a snail or something. It was there the day I took the picture and it has disappeared again. I was hoping to get some other pictures of it so these will just have to do.

Attachments

• snail_149.jpg
    snail_149.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 290
  • snail_1.jpg
    snail_1.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 293
These pictures are of some kind of tube like growth that is clear and hollow.

Attachments

• tube_444.jpg
    tube_444.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 293
  • tube_1.jpg
    tube_1.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 291
These are the last pictures I have for today. Sorry for the poor quality it is only about a 1/2 cm wide.

Attachments

• growth_213.jpg
    growth_213.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 288
  • growth_1.jpg
    growth_1.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 288
  • growth_2.jpg
    growth_2.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 290
Also, the last thing I posted is clear and has little balls on the end of end tentacle thing. I don't know if that will help or not.

The first two pics look like ball sponges but I can't tell. The second two pics are definitely sponges. Are the last four pictures all of the same thing? The one pic looks like some type of anemone but the last pic, along with your description looks like a cup coral.

The last four pictures are of the same thing. But in the last picture in had shrunk because I was moving the rock to try to get a better picture. I may have to just wait until it grows some more.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it. I'll have to post another picture of it when it gets bigger to be sure. Thanks!!!

Is there anything I should know about the cup coral as far as taking care of it. I am going to do some reasearch but I wasn't sure if anyone had some experience with it.

Back
Top Bottom