live rock - can you tell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im possibly going to pick up some live rock from someone who tore down their marine tank. Im hoping this is 100% legit as its a REALLY great price and would give me a MASSIVE head start on cycling (adding in the media my buddy can give me). He said he has been keeping it live in buckets with airstones but is there a 100%.... heck even 75% way I can test to see if the rock is all live so I dont get jacked?

also does anyone have any info on this light?

https://www.amazon.com/Finnex-FugeR...p_only_reviews&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=recent

will it grow easier corals okay? Im not looking to go all out at first and I have the planted version for my fresh and its great.

thanks guys.

go check out my thread in the freshwater planted to see my new 55 setup!

I doubt it's still alive unless he's been providing an ammonia source in the bucket. I mean you can see if there's still stuff growing on it but idk what you're wanting like 100% cured?

I doubt it's still alive unless he's been providing an ammonia source in the bucket. I mean you can see if there's still stuff growing on it but idk what you're wanting like 100% cured?
I'm not sure what hes been doing. We going to ask him. Could I bring my water test kit to check for AMM, trates and trites?
I was going for cured. I think he said he was using an air stone in the buckets

wow! ...I am new to the hobby. I just switched out my gravel for sand yesterday and I was wondering if I could sell it. I decided to keep it wet with a decaying moss ball for now while deciding what to do. Now that I came upon this thread, I realize I can. How do I go about that? craigslist? How much should I charge for like a bag (the common size sold for pea gravel) full of live rock? Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom