Live rock help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akgcrt29

Aquarium Advice Newbie
SO my friend is giving me some of his live rock...well it was live at one time but he moved and had to make a quick decision. SO I Guess its not live anymore haha, um. is there any possibiliity if i stick it in my tank it will make things ok?, or should I just not even play with it..... any possible way of trying to bring it back to life?.....im still new to this so im just curious

If it is completely dead and dry with no organic material on it that would rot then you could add it to your tank, it is just dry rock. If there is anything left it would rot and bring you back to day one, uncured rock and uncycled tank.

I would put it in a bucket with saltwater, a power head and a heater. Test for any ammonia and nitrate. It may have a cycle, once its complete you can add it to your tank and it will become live. What is in your tank currently?

From what you're explaining it definitely sounds like there would be some die-off from it so do like what was suggested above and cure it before adding

Back
Top Bottom