live silversides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

i have a bunch of live silversides....is it ok to put them in the main tank with my grouper for my grouper to eat or should i put them in the refugium and feed only a few at a time....refuge is 90 gall and the main tank is 300 gal. thanks

I just think thats going to be alot of work getting them out the fuge. It sounds like you got a nice tank there.

sorry it took so long to respond...i forgot that i posted this
silversides are actually saltwater minnows (Menidia berylina http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/pictures/Menidia_beryllina.html ) i get them from www.aquaculturestore.com .....

update on the tank....i have 30 silversides swimming in the main tank and the grouper loves them. i like to watch him chase them around. and i have 40 in the refuge, and i am hoping they will breed.

I just think thats going to be alot of work getting them out the fuge. It sounds like you got a nice tank there.

its actually pretty easy to net them cuz they are on the surface.....and thanks for the comment, i really love this tank. he is the only fish(besides the silversides) in a reef tank and its awesome!!

Back
Top Bottom