Livebearers or fancy goldfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GallonsOfFun

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55 gallon tank and I'm struggling to decide whether to stock it with livebearers (mollies, platies, guppies, and also some cories) OR fancy goldfish (meaning black moors, ryukins, orandas, etc).

Could anyone that's owned livebearers, fancy goldfish, or both shed some light on what they are like to own?

Goldfish! Livebearers are interesting, but goldfish are so much more personable and less likely to overpopulate your tank.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Between those two options I say goldfish. I've actually never owned goldfish though. I'm more of a community tank person... My favorite fish being angelfish and plecos. I've owned live bearers and I like them, but you'll overpopulate your tank very quickly. I've always gotten them all the same sex so I don't have babies. That's the only reason I don't like them. Although breeding fish does appeal to some. I actually just recently adopted (he was one of those fish people bring to petco) a little male sailfin baloon molly and I contemplated getting him a little female but I decided not to... Because of the babies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom