Lonewolf, is this the wood shrimp you talked about?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know those as Rock Shrimp. Very interesting little guys. I've noticed them hanging out in high-flow areas, using their arms (with silk-ish looking pads on the end) catching food moving through the water. Sort of like a mini-walking filter.

I have two of those in my tank and I want more! They are pretty neat. They have learned to climb one of the tall plants near the output of my tank's filter and just let the current bring the food to them.

I have 3 of them in my 55gal. They are fantastic and are one of my favorite things in the tank.

They are called Bamboo/Wood/Singapore/Flower Shrimp, they are all the same thing as far as I know. I picked mine up from PetsMart where they were labeled as Marble Shrimp. They are great community shrimp, very interesting to watch. As mentioned in the link, they change colors. When I picked mine up, they were all a tan/brown color. Within a day or two they changed into various shades or red.

Here's a pic of one of mine:

img_628954_0_3aee083dfa6c757db774c160f76c4c80.jpg

Mine change colour depending on the day. Sometimes they are red, sometimes brown, and sometimes tan.

The picture is amazing. Sometime I'll set my camera up on a tripod to get some pictures of my tank.

This weekend I am going to Big Al's, just to browse around. If I see some more of these I might have to make a purchase ;)

Yeah. I saw them as marble at Petsmart and asked if they were bamboo to a guy that is around a lot. He said that it wasn't a bamboo. I didn't believe him. They have one full grown that I really, really want.

lovemybarbs said:
Yeah. I saw them as marble at Petsmart and asked if they were bamboo to a guy that is around a lot. He said that it wasn't a bamboo. I didn't believe him. They have one full grown that I really, really want.

You were correct in not believing him. The Marble Shrimp are the same things as Bamboo Shrimp. If I were you, I'd go ahead and pick it up, you're going to love it!

the last one I got disappeared and I never did find him. I got algae bloom though.

I really haven't ever seen my pictus bother anything, so that is the only reason why I am thinking of trying again. 8O

Back
Top Bottom