Long tantacle like thing covered with sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonnieC

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just did a water change and had to move LR to catch a fish.

I have several of these long tentacle/stick like things both on the underside of rocks and a couple out in the open. They don't move so not sure if they are alive or not. They are all covered with sand. Ive had some major issues going on with the tank so thought I'd better ask.

Here is a pic:
img_1095494_0_ac571f32bb69a46bfe41eb518646b89d.jpg

Those are tubes made of sand that are made by worms. These worms are fantastic. My whole sandbed is full of them and they keep it clean and stirred. They, among with the bristle worms, are the best CUC I could ask for. Be happy you have them as they are fantastic. :D I'll try and find the name for you. :)

They are called Spinoid worms and they are good for the system/ Keep this link handy as all sorts of neat little creatures will be popping up. Mostly at night.Xtalreef

Are you sure? I posted pics the other day that ya'll said were Spinoid worms and they are way smaller. But mabe they are babies. :)

Thanks about the pics :) That's why I want a flat tank, so I can get better pics!

Actually.. i think those look more like snail eggs. Got any snails? I've had tons of spionid worms in my tank and they all look like rocky tubes with clear tentacles that come out of the tubes. They don't really look like lines of white crust, such as the ones in the picture. Just my take on the pictures though.

I do have snails though I think a lot have died off. It would be cool if the were though, I need more snails now, lol.

The spinoid worms that I posted pics of the other day, are much smaller. They have hair like tenticles coming out. Their tube is sticking out of the stand so I cant really see what it looks like.

These things here look like...a really fat piece of spagetti that has been rolled around in coarse sand.

The things I posted in this thread dont have any of those. So either they are adult big ones that are dead, or I hae something wierd.

The hermitt crabs arent eating them, wouldnt they eat snail eggs?

Guess Ill know if I suddenly have a bunch of snails!

Only some fish and I forget which will eat snail eggs. Almost all fish will eat the snail eggs when they hatch out. This is when their shell is the softest.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom