Look out Fishes, here I come.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beuler

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have just got myself a new 120 litre tank after having no tanks for about 5 years.

The tank has black gravel with some dogwood. It was fresh from the fish shop so I scrubbed it and let it soak over night. I then added it to the tank and left it for a week before adding fish. I have used Tapsafe and Filter Start in the water to dechlorinate etc.

I added 6 neons 2 days ago and 4 have died :cry:
So, I have done a pwc (about 60%) and the water is a far better colour. I am going to the fish shop today to have my water tested and to buy a testing kit. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best kit?

I have an order of plants coming this week and a lot of fish also coming. If anyone has any suggestions on the best way to ready my tank quickly, I would appreciate it, A LOT!

I have just got myself a new 120 litre tank after having no tanks for about 5 years.

The tank has black gravel with some dogwood. It was fresh from the fish shop so I scrubbed it and let it soak over night. I then added it to the tank and left it for a week before adding fish. I have used Tapsafe and Filter Start in the water to dechlorinate etc.

I added 6 neons 2 days ago and 4 have died :cry:
So, I have done a pwc (about 60%) and the water is a far better colour. I am going to the fish shop today to have my water tested and to buy a testing kit. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best kit?

I have an order of plants coming this week and a lot of fish also coming. If anyone has any suggestions on the best way to ready my tank quickly, I would appreciate it, A LOT!

Welcome,
I can tell you are exited about getting back into fishkeeping, but take a deep breath and slow things down a little bit. Why did four of your six neons die? From your post it looks like you skipped the cycling of your tank.
Re; "I have an order of plants coming this week and a lot of fish also coming. If anyone has any suggestions on the best way to ready my tank quickly"
Four of your six fish have died and you have "a lot of fish coming"?
There is no "Quick" way to ready your tank.
I predict a lot more fish deaths in your future.
Sorry to be so blunt, but fish deserve better.

get the plants planted -- send the fish back -- start you fishless cycle!

just my opinion, ymmv

Back
Top Bottom